Humphreys & Co. are always interested to hear from lawyers & support staff with good skills or good training enquiring as to the current availability of positions within the firm.
What do we think makes a good lawyer?
- Dependability – when you are given or take responsibility for getting things done, people can count on your getting them done right
- Mastery of the law – knowing the law in detail and in depth
- Quick thinking – the ability to make decisions quickly and get them right.
- Getting to the bottom of things – not skating on the surface
- Seeing the wood for the trees – identifying structure, purpose and importance amongst a mass of detail.
- Hard work – not just sitting under the tree waiting for the fruit to drop.
- Luck – being in the right place at the right time and grabbing the opportunity.
Currently we are welcoming applications from applicants in the following areas:
- civil litigators with drive and technical skills
- asbestos claims solicitor to support busy department
- shared ownership specialist (residential property) solicitor: or another newly or part-qualified licensed conveyancer or legal executive
- company/commercial law solicitor including for routine smaller acquisitions/disposals & compliance
- intellectual property solicitor & ITMA trade marks applications executive
- commercial property assistant to 4 years PQE
- civil/commercial litigators for shareholders’ disputes, construction claims, professional negligence & property litigation (separate positions)
- potential trainees & paralegals with a very good academic track record & energy, for contracts beginning March & September
- legal and support staff of high calibre in other disciplines
- fast, accurate secretaries with a solid background in legal work.
Enquiries can be by email, telephone or by post and are best addressed to Amanda Weaver at email@example.com .
Applications for training contracts and paralegal work or work experience:
- these should be sent with a typed CV
- a handwritten covering letter is always helpful.