Efficient pragmatic friendly & reasonably priced
Established as a niche commercial solicitors firm in 1986 by partners from City of London law firms, our lawyers are just 90 minutes from London by road or rail and 15 minutes from international flight connections.
Types of work undertaken
We supply a full range of commercial legal work in relation to:
- agency, distribution & supply agreements
- partnership terms
- conditions of trading
- computer & IT contracts
- franchising & outsourcing documentation.
Corporate transactions include:
- company & partnership structure
- company law & director compliance
- shareholder arrangements
- joint ventures
- share/asset sales & purchases.
The firm has strength in depth in litigation of all types, aiming to make court, arbitration & mediation procedures work positively for clients. The litigation practice includes:
- contractual claims and recoveries
- shareholder & partnership disputes
- professional negligence claims
- land & property claims building & construction disputes
- insurance & reinsurance litigation
- defamation actions
- receivership & liquidation claims
- including mediation & other alternative dispute resolution processes.
All kinds of commercial property work are undertaken, including:
- developments (residential and commercial)
- acquisitions & disposals
- industrial properties
- lease negotiations.
With The Planning Inspectorate for England and Wales located in Bristol, property planning permission work is a specialist strength through the firm’s planning advice & representation unit, including:
- negotiation with councils
- appeals against refusals
- enforcement notices
- appeals against enforcement
- lawful development & use certificates
- advocacy at hearings and inquiries.
Intellectual property & IT transactions are core practice areas. Registration, maintenance, transfer, licensing of & litigation about IP are long-established strengths. The firm’s lawyers work extensively with issues of:
- trade secrets
- employee obligations
- the internet
- trade libel
- passing off.
Employment & human resources services include:
- contracts & staff issues
- occupational health & safety
- severance compensation
- unfair competition
- post-termination restrictions
- discrimination (including in relation to race, sex, age and disability)
- employment tribunal proceedings
- industrial relations.