Specialist motorbike & cycling accident claims solicitors
Motorbike accident claims
A motorcycle accident can result in injuries that have a lasting impact on your life, and the lives of your family.
Our solicitors at Humphreys & Co.are dedicated to fighting for your proper compensation if the accident was someone else’s fault.
Our motorbike accident claims team will handle your claim sensitively and effectively on a no-win, no-fee basis, so you can concentrate on your recovery.
Our solicitors are experienced in helping bikers get the compensation they need to overcome the pain and trauma of a crash, guiding victims through the complex claims process whilst offering immediate and ongoing legal support.
Working with you to establish the circumstances of your motorbike accident claim, our specialist team of personal injury lawyers will focus on securing a settlement which reflects the impact the injury has had on your life.
We work with the UK’s leading motorcycle accident specialists, including experienced Incident and advice expert Tony Carter, to provide access to the very best rehabilitation support and advice, so you can get your life back on track after an accident.
Causes of motorbike accident claims
The most common causes of bike accident claims include:
- Potholes – Damage to a road’s surface can impact on motorbike riders far more than the drivers of cars and vans. On 2 wheels, a pothole or poorly maintained road surface can easily cause a rider to lose balance or even to fall from the bike. If a pothole or defective road surface was the cause of your accident, you could have a case for claiming compensation from the relevant local authority or private road owner if it can be proven that they neglected their responsibility to maintain the road.
- Car doors opening– If a driver or passenger of a parked or stationary vehicle suddenly opens a door into the road, and a motorbike rider happens to be passing, it can lead to a serious accident.
- Spillages – Anything that makes the road surface slippery or unstable is a major hazard to all road users, but motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable. If you’ve been injured in an accident involving a diesel or other spillage, we can help you claim motorbike accident compensation from the person or organisation responsible.
- Collisions – A collision between a motorbike and another road user can cause serious injuries and can even be fatal. These kinds of accidents are often caused by a lack of care or judgement, or even dangerous driving. In many cases, drivers fail to look properly and check for motorcyclists. If you’ve been involved in a collision, our personal injury specialists can help you to prove that someone else’s negligence was to blame for what happened.
- Incidents with HGVs– Large vehicles such as HGVs are commonly involved in collisions and accidents with motorbikes, in many cases because the driver found it difficult to see a motorcyclist in their blind spot.
- Filtering, junctions and crossroads– Junctions and other parts of the UK road system involving changing lanes or manoeuvering can be very dangerous for vulnerable road users such as motorcyclists. A lack of awareness of an approaching motorcyclist on the part of a car driver is often to blame, where drivers execute a manoeuvre before checking their blind spot and mirrors properly.
ALWAYS REMEMBER that there may be more than one cause of the accident.
An action or mistake on your part may have contributed to what happened, but this doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t pursue compensation for a motorcycle accident.
Humphreys & Co participate in and support the Crash Card Scheme:
Actions taken in the first few minutes after an accident involving a motorcyclist can be crucial to their survival and recovery.
Request your free Crash Card here: It may help save your life or someone else’s.
Specialist bike accident claims solicitors: Humphreys & Co.