Advice & representation in personal legal affairs
Effective personal representation is in our experience what clients look for and this is the standard of legal service that we offer.
Residential property & shared ownership
Our long established conveyancing team provides an efficient, personal and keenly-priced service in all residential property areas including:
- buying & selling
- letting & renting
- shared ownership purchases
- mortgaging & remortgaging
- searches & surveys
- auction purchases.
Planning advice & representation
Build on firm planning ground with expert and representation from our highly regarded team of planning solicitors and consultants. We can advise on:
- planning permission applications & appeals
- negotiations with planning authorities
- planning hearings
- third party objections
- compulsory purchase
- lawful development & use
- enforcement of planning controls.
Unfair dismissal & tribunals
Our employment solicitors have a solid reputation for work in relation to unfair dismissal claims and all other claims against employers in England & Wales including:
- tribunal claims for unfair dismissal
- redundancy procedures
- disciplinary procedures
- sex, race, age & disability discrimination
- compromise agreements
- post contract restrictions such as non-compete clauses
- employment tribunal proceedings.
Contested wills & probate administration
The process of administering the estate of a person who has died can be complex and confusing. We can assist at every stage. We also have a strong track record in contested wills if you are concerned about the provision made for you by a loved one. Our work includes:
- applying for grant of probate or letters of administration
- administering estates and dealing with tax issues
- claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act
- investigation of claims relating to undue influence
- investigation of claims relating to lack of testamentary capacity.
Negligence & property litigation & arbitration
The firm has strength in depth in litigation of all types. Our solicitors aim to make court, arbitration and mediation procedures work positively. They focus on achieving clients’ objectives but without tunnel vision and always keeping the wider picture in view. Solicitors here are equipped to undertake:
- contractual claims and recoveries
- shareholder and partnership disputes
- professional negligence claims
- land and building claims
- insurance and reinsurance litigation
- reinsurance collections
- financial services issues
- defamation actions
- receivership and liquidation claims
- alternative dispute resolution.
Building contracts & disputes
Our Building and Construction Disputes Unit has substantial experience of advising on and conducting litigation and alternative dispute resolution methods for clients in the UK and internationally. We can assist with:
- residential building disputes
- defective works
- advice on forms of building contract
- terms and conditions.
Asbestos & work injury claims
Our independent specialist solicitors have a very long track record of success getting clients proper compensation for asbestos-related illness. Our work includes:
- asbestos-related lung cancer
- all other asbestos-related claims
- compensation claims for injuries & accidents.
Defamation (libel proceedings)
We advise on and conduct legal proceedings seeking damages for defamation (libel and slander) and the publication of malicious falsehoods, acting for both claimants and defendants.
- malicious falsehood
- claimant & defendant work
- no win no fee may be available.