Humphreys & Co. are always interested to hear from lawyers & support staff with good skills or good training enquiring as to the current availability of positions within the firm.
What do we think makes a good lawyer?
- Dependability – when you are given or take responsibility for getting things done, people can count on your getting them done right
- Knowing the law in detail and in depth
- Quick thinking – the ability to make decisions quickly and get them right.
- Getting to the bottom of things – not skating on the surface
- Seeing the wood for the trees – identifying structure, purpose and importance amongst a mass of detail
- Hard work – not just sitting under the tree waiting for the fruit to drop
- Luck – being in the right place at the right time and grabbing the opportunity
Currently we are welcoming applications from applicants in the following areas:
- residential property solicitor for mix of shared ownership and straight property work: or newly or part-qualified licensed conveyancer or legal executive
- solicitor for broad mix of commercial and company transactional work
- commercial litigation solicitor
- lawyers to join our expanding mesothelioma & asbestos-related claims litigation team, including experienced secretaries in that area
- senior residential property solicitor with good track record and technical skills
- senior commercial property solicitor with good track record and technical skills
- potential trainees & paralegals with a very good academic track record & energy, for contracts beginning March & September
- legal staff of high calibre in other disciplines
- full time senior telephonist/receptionist
Enquiries can be by email, telephone or by post and are best addressed to Amanda Weaver at email@example.com .
Applications for training contracts and paralegal work or work experience:
- these should be sent with a typed CV
- a handwritten covering letter is always helpful.