Staircasing Your Shared Ownership Property
Specialist Solicitors: Shared Ownership
Where possible you should aim to understand exactly how much your solicitor is going to charge. This gives you certainty at the outset as to the amount you will need to pay and will enable you to budget properly. At the same time as instructing your solicitor, you are likely to be paying out valuer’s fees and mortgage arrangement fees, so you want to plan your finances ahead as accurately as possible. We can supply a fixed charge quotation ahead of time to add to your certainty.
Humphreys & Co. are specialist shared ownership solicitors and would be pleased to offer their fixed charge quotation for handling your shared ownership purchase, sale or staircasing transaction.
To give you a NO OBLIGATION QUOTATION, we need you to email us the following details:
· Is the staircasing being funded by your existing lender?
· When you purchased your initial share did you pay Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) on the premium and initial rent or on the full market value of the property?
· What is the estimated amount you will pay to staircase and the estimated market value of the property?
· Are there any provisions in your lease restricting staircasing?
· Is the property a house or a flat?
· Is there any associated transfer of equity into joint names?
Use this email address:
Meanwhile, some general information on staircasing is at
Our lawyers are our strength
Our clients are multicultural. Our people reflect that diversity. For us there is no “one size fits all”.
We are not a legal factory. For us, independent representation for staircasers is key.
Humphreys & Co. offer “no-move – no-fee” terms, so if the transaction does not reach completion you will only have to pay for any expenses already incurred at the time you decide not to proceed.
For a detailed quotation specific to your chosen property,
or call us on: 0207 183 8840,
or visit our website at: