|Approach to costs
Solicitors at Humphreys & Co. always aim to approach
legal work in a financially-disciplined way. We offer
competitive rates. Our charging approach is both transparent
and geared to the options open to our clients. Our
solicitors generally charge by reference to time spent but
we can often agree fixed fees for specific work or in some
cases risk-adjusted funding structures.
Send us a summary of your circumstances and objectives for a quick response.
Employment law solicitors
|Unfair dismissal solicitors: employment tribunal claims specialists. Employment tribunal claims solicitors: unfair dismissal, sexual harassment at work, racism in the workplace, discrimination: industrial tribunal proceedings: experts.|
Solicitors here advise on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law including:
- unfair dismissal
- breach of contract claims
- discrimination (sex, race, disability and age) claims
- unlawful deduction of wages
- wrongful dismissal claims
- reviewing employment contract and consultancy appointments
- reviewing and negotiating compromise/severance agreements
- employees' remuneration and benefits packages
Our solicitors undertake the pursuit of claims made against employers in employment tribunals throughout England and Wales. Funding options available in appropriate cases include contingency (success) fee schemes.
We understand how stressful losing your job can be. You can be assured that we have the experience and ability needed to deal with your employment claim in a sensitive and determined manner.
If you think you might have a claim it is prudent to act quickly because time limits often apply and are strictly enforced.
Complete our questionnaire or contact us today to identify your real employment law position.
|NO WIN NO FEE is available|
- Employers and employees enter into contracts of employment that govern their rights and obligations. There are statutory requirements governing contracts and they need to be drafted carefully.
- Employees are additionally entitled to a whole raft of statutory rights.
- Many rights, such as the right not to be unfairly dismissed, are subject to qualifying criteria such as period of service. Other rights (such as the right to paid leave for example) are enjoyed by some categories of workers other than employees.
- It is not sufficient to have grounds to dismiss an employee. It is necessary to follow a fair procedure and to take a decision which is reasonable in the circumstances.
- Conduct, capability, redundancy and retirement are all potentially fair reasons for the dismissal of an employee.
- Employees are entitled not to be discriminated against on unlawful grounds. These are known as “protected characteristics” in the Equality Act 2010 and are age, disability, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and religion or belief.
- Quite apart from statutory rights employees are entitled to be treated with dignity and respect and employers are required not to act in such a way as to destroy the mutual bond of trust and confidence. Employers acting unreasonably risk bullying and harassment claims and complaints of constructive dismissal.
- Employers and employees are expected to seek to resolve disputes informally and this may involve having a grievance procedure and using it where appropriate.
- Employers can protect their assets (for example goodwill and staff) by agreeing restrictive covenants with an employee but great care needs to be taken when drafting covenants because they are scrutinised closely by the Courts when enforced and need to be reasonable.
- Disputes between employers and employees often find their way to an employment tribunal. They are costly, take time (management time in the case of an employer) and can be stressful. The costs in tribunal claims are generally irrecoverable on both sides.
|We offer a fixed charge initial analysis of your case with options and recommendations|
Some of our client feedback:
"I was very impressed with your work the last time I dealt with you, which is why I automatically suggested to R that I use you for this matter."
"Many thanks for the latest update. I would just like to say - win or lose - I think you are wonderful. It feels like I have (if you will pardon the analogy) The Terminator on my side."
"Many thanks for all your help in this matter and thank you in particular for your manner throughout what has been a difficult time for me. Your professionalism and understanding have been a great support."
"I have read and fully digested the information you have sent me. Thank you for your clear explanation of my claim.... I hope that we can win enough to make all of your hard work worth the effort."
We take instructions from UK & international clients. Our independent lawyers are available by email, telephone & fax. With central Bristol offices we are just 90 minutes from London by road or rail and 15 minutes from Bristol International Airport. We can travel to meetings if required.
We are an independent professional law firm here, not a legal factory turning out mass-produced products. In our experience, determined case-handling is more likely to produce effective results.
Solicitors at Humphreys & Co. look to input not only
careful legal work and precision but also the determination
to keep matters moving. They aim to work in clients' real
interests with energy and pragmatism.
Solicitors at Humphreys & Co. always try to open up the
legal process by giving advice and explaining options to
clients in a concise and straightforward way, identifying
clear courses of action whatever the technical or legal
complexities of the subject.