Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation
The Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality (CQS) Scheme is the recognised quality mark for legal experts in buying or selling property, trusted by some of the UK’s biggest lenders.
Membership achievement establishes a level of credibility for member firms with stakeholders (regulators, lenders, insurers and consumers) based upon:
– the integrity of the Senior Responsible Officer and other key conveyancing staff
– the firm’s adherence to good practice management standards
This scheme creates a trusted community which will deter fraud – year on year we will drive up standards.
Accredited conveyancing firms can advise you on:
· – buying your property
– property searches
Conveyancing Quality Scheme members will:
· – explain the steps in buying or selling a home
· – tell you what service you can expect from them
· – be honest about what the costs will be
· – keep you informed through the process
About Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation
All Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme firms go through rigorous examination and testing to demonstrate that they have a high level of knowledge, skills, experience and practice.
In 2011-12 the Conveyancing Quality Scheme was officially recognised by the Legal Ombudsman, Association of British Insurers (ABI), Council of Mortgage Lenders (CML) and the Building Societies Association (BSA).